Posts Tagged ‘life in silicone valley’
We work hard here in Silicon Valley, no question about that. This area isn’t known around the world for its innovation and contribution to technology for nothing. That doesn’t mean that we are all work and no play, however – in fact, one of the best things about living here is that there is so much to enjoy outside of the office. Now I am happiest if I get the chance to go out to Giants Stadium in the summer to catch a game and there is no shortage of great sports teams here… just don’t get me started on what went wrong with the 49ers this season.
Just to get you excited about all of the things that you could be doing if you lived in Silicon Valley, here are my top seven picks (in no particular order):
Top 7 Things to Do in Silicon Valley
1. Farmer’s Markets. Year-round, each weekend, communities all throughout the region shut down their streets for excellent food, crafts and live music.
2. Sporting Events. Your new favorite team (or your favorite team will be playing them) can be found right here. San Jose is home to the San Jose Sharks of the NHL, the San Jose Earthquakes of Major League Soccer and the San Jose SaberCats of the Arena Football League. Levi’s Stadium and the San Francisco 49ers are in Santa Clara. This is fandom!
3. Theater. Take in a Tony-award winning show like the Book of Mormon on its Broadway tour at the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts. Or enjoy a quality local production at The Mission City Center for Performing Arts in Santa Clara or a production by the Milpitas Arts Alliance.
4. Concerts. Check out the line-up at the SAP Center in San Jose. All the big acts perform at this beautiful venue.
5. The Gilroy Garlic Festival. For nearly 40 years this event has been attracting thousands of people for three days in July. Drive over to Gilroy for this extravaganza of garlicky food and entertainment.
6. The Mountain View Art and Wine Festival. Over 600 professional artists and craftsmen set up booths at this event every September. Live music, beer and wine, and incredible food are worth taking a day (or two) to enjoy this event.
7. Wearable TechCon. This is the heart of the engineering and high tech world after all. This three-day conference is held in July and is dedicated to wearable technology.
What are your favorite things to do in Silicon Valley? Share your experiences with me on social media or connect with me to learn more about the dynamic communities that make up this dynamic area. Connect today!